ITP Tisch vs SVA's Computer art

cipiripi

I am an international student and have been excepted to ITP Tisch with a half tutition scholarship, some 20 000$ and to School of Visual Arts- Computer Art -no scholarship.

Problem is I didn't make it to come( I am from Serbia) and see the universities, so all information I have are the ones I got from internet.

Even though my first choice was Tisch from the start, now I'm having second thoughts, because I have no real picture, since internet is not source I want to rely on when it comes to this kind of decision.

I did get the impression that in SVA, it is insisted more on package, to say so, more than on the core, everything even admission papers are over designed, but they do have great facilities on the other hand.

If anyone knows anything that would help, some information which I can compare, on facilities, educational quality or anything else pleeeeaseeeeeeeee teeeel me.

I am not financially conditioned in any way.

Thankkksssss!!!!!!rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I've visited both SVA (albeit, about 10 years ago) and ITP (this past January). I would HANDS DOWN choose ITP, especially since you got the scholarship. No question.

ITP is an amazing program with opportunities for both real-world career applications (the week I visited, they told me that Apple, Wikipedia, and Google had all been there recruiting) and fine-art work (one of their graduates, Camille Utterback, won a Macarthur Fellowship). Their people are warm and they have crafted an environment to nurture ideas that will shape the future of telecommunications. I plan to keep in close contact with everyone there.

If you want more information, visit the Arts > Visual board on this forum, there are a ton of people there who are familiar with the minute details of both programs.

http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/79-visual/

Congrats on your acceptances!

I've visited both SVA (albeit, about 10 years ago) and ITP (this past January). I would HANDS DOWN choose ITP, especially since you got the scholarship. No question.

ITP is an amazing program with opportunities for both real-world career applications (the week I visited, they told me that Apple, Wikipedia, and Google had all been there recruiting) and fine-art work (one of their graduates, Camille Utterback, won a Macarthur Fellowship). Their people are warm and they have crafted an environment to nurture ideas that will shape the future of telecommunications. I plan to keep in close contact with everyone there.

If you want more information, visit the Arts > Visual board on this forum, there are a ton of people there who are familiar with the minute details of both programs.

http://forum.thegrad...orum/79-visual/

Congrats on your acceptances!

thank you.......these are definitely valid arguments....rolleyes.gif.....I will take a look at the board......I was hoping to hear something like this......from someone who has actually stepped inside this place........thanks again......biggrin.gif

I too was accepted to ITP with a scholarship and the SVA Computer Art without a scholarship. I'm leaning more towards ITP because of the scholarship, because I got my BFA at SVA, and because ITP seems to have a stronger sense of community and experimentation compared to the more practical path oriented program at SVA.