Psychology PhD

CaliCheyenne

Hi everyone. I am applying to 9 phd programs in social/health psychology. None are clinical and each receive roughly 30 applicants. 

I want to hear peoples advice. I am working on a masters and thesis in health psychology and have a 3.6 undergrad gpa and 4.0 graduate school GPA. I have 3 manuscripts that will be in preparation/possible submitted with the next month or two, one being first author. I have 10 conference presentations on my CV and I have research experience and TA experience. I scored... get this... 46th percentile on verbal, 11th (WOW) percentile on quant, 98th percentile on AW. I have gotten A’s in all stats classes and believe I’ll have strong letters of recommendation, but  I did terrible on the two portions. I am a good student but struggle with standardized tests and don’t have time to restudy/retake this cycle. My advisors are all telling me to apply still and worst case take it again as I reapply next year

Do you think there is any chance of being considered?

Edited by CaliCheyenne