Should I send a follow up email or keep waiting?

Peter777

Question

I had an interview about a month ago with POI and he seemed positive. He told me that I would hear back two weeks later, but I didn't hear back in the second week. Therefore, I sent an inquiry email about the decisions to POI and still, after two weeks, I haven't heard back from him.

So I was wondering if it's appropriate to follow up on my inquiry email or keep waiting? I don't want to annoy him by my emails, but it is sooo hard to wait. I had a very tough four weeks waiting for his response. Everything was going great but then he ghosted me. I don't really understand why he is doing this to me?!

I have seen one or two weekly results in GradCafe in last few weeks which is starting to make me anxious and worried :(((

2 answers to this question

That sounds like an awful situation :( 

Since you haven't heard back from the prof even after a follow up email, is there a program coordinator or other person at the university that you could try to contact? I would definitely start by trying to find someone else to email, saying that you want to know if a decision has been made on your application yet.