Is it possible for a CS grad to apply to an MSc in mathematics?

ArgusPMC

So, first I'm an international student. I'm eyeing up universities in Canada and Germany. 

I want to apply to a masters in applied math. 

I'm a CS graduate, and while I did take my fair share of math courses I'm doubt about how much I know compared to a math graduate. For starters my undergrad included Discrete math, Calc 1 and 2, Linear Algebra, Probability, Statistics and Operations Research. 

Can I apply? Will I get any buts? I don't mind if I have to take some extra courses, but I still want to know what people think. 

I'd say you have a chance, because I got accepted to several applied math PhD program with a BS in engineering (this was the US. I don't know about programs in other countries).

I will tell you about my situation in case it helps you.

To supplement what math courses I had taken in undergrad (just the calc sequence and ODEs), I took intro to proofs, linear algebra, a year of real analysis, and a year of abstract algebra. After I had applied, I heard from several schools that abstract algebra wasn't necessary for applied math. I got an A in every math course, and I had a few non-math research publications. I made sure one of my letters of rec was from a math professor. A few schools that I applied to expressed concern that I did not major in math, but still accepted me. I got into everywhere I applied.

In grad school I was the only non-math major in my courses. I had a hard time catching up at first. I had to take an extra year to do my coursework. But now I'm all caught up and doing research that I love and I'm very happy that I applied.

I wish you the best of luck!!