Can anyone rank places to go for a PhD in international/world history with a focus on early modern South Asia?

CHEN xintong

Question

Hi guys, I am newly admitted by MA/MSc program in international and world history program offered by Columbia and LSE with a VAGUE focus on EARLY MODERN SOUTH ASIA and start to think about where to go for a PhD programs (in US/UK probably).

Question 1: I heard that funds for South Asian history is usually very limited so I am kind of worry: Is it quite necessary for me to develop another focus on Middle East or Southeast Asia? (to be more competitive on the market)

Question 2: Could you please recommend some prestigious faculty focusing on early modern South Asia? How would you rank the international history/ world history program in places like Yale, Cambridge, Princeton, Columbia, Harvard and Georgetown and why? 

Thank you so much for advance! Year 2020 is not a easy year for many history major applicants. I wish all have a cheerful application season. 

•  

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet