Future Grad Student? Need some help.

xor_all_bytes

Question

So my plan is to attend grad school for Physics after receiving my bachelors. I was curious if someone could shed some light on my stats and possible chances. My current overall GPA is 3.77. I am a junior. There are 2 courses that I took in high school at a CC which are affecting my GPA in this count. One of these courses is PreCalc. I got a C in this course. Apart from this, I have gotten A's in every math class after this I've taken. My major is Electrical Engineering & minoring in Physics. By the time I graduate i expect to have a GPA of 3.85. Without this course my GPA would be 3.91. I am also studying for the GRE and believe that I know my subject material quite well. Will grad schools overlook the course I took in high school? Also in general, what are my chances of being accepted into a good program? I currently am doing research in Machine Learning (close to a publication).

Only other classes I have recieved a bad grade are:
art - wokeup late for the final, got a B
some Computer Information Technology course I took in high school (really didnt care or study, got a B)

slept through an exam so, currently on track to get a B in one of my engineering classes.

my question is, will the precalc course be viewed very negatively? also will they also include it when counting my GPA? (the precalc course was worth like 5 units). Also in general the B in my engineering class, would that also be acceptable?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet