Robotics, AeroAstro, EECS, Computer Science, and Mechanical Engineering: Find your abode here...

theUniqueOne_v2

I guess I'll start lol. 

Applying to mostly biophysics/bioengineering programs but I have also applied to Princeton MAE.

Recently got invites from POI for a 15 minutes interview. I guess they have already screened for the qualified candidates and according to the email they are trying to make sure my interests align with theirs before making a decision. 

My friend applied two years ago to princeton MAE and got accepted with interview. But due to covid I think schools have more limited positions so interviews are usually required.

On 12/24/2020 at 11:18 PM, PapaSeanL said:

I guess I'll start lol. 

Applying to mostly biophysics/bioengineering programs but I have also applied to Princeton MAE.

Recently got invites from POI for a 15 minutes interview. I guess they have already screened for the qualified candidates and according to the email they are trying to make sure my interests align with theirs before making a decision. 

My friend applied two years ago to princeton MAE and got accepted with interview. But due to covid I think schools have more limited positions so interviews are usually required.

Oh! They didn't call me. I had submitted towards the deadline though... Getting tensed now ?

Is your interview done? How did it go?

Edited by theUniqueOne_v2

On 12/31/2020 at 9:11 AM, theUniqueOne_v2 said:

Oh! They didn't call me. I had submitted towards the deadline though... Getting tensed now ?

Is your interview done? How did it go?

I submitted my app 2 hours before the deadline lol. Also Princeton POIs sent me a personalized email on the 23rd. I'm sure they will send out more!

I haven't done my interview yet. I'll come back and let you know after next week!

23 minutes ago, PapaSeanL said:

I submitted my app 2 hours before the deadline lol. Also Princeton POIs sent me a personalized email on the 23rd. I'm sure they will send out more!

I haven't done my interview yet. I'll come back and let you know after next week!

Wow. Good job! All the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Applied for CMU, UMich, Stanford, Rice for PhD in ECE. Applied MILA+McGill, UBC for Master in CS. Applied Waterloo for PhD in CS. So far haven't heard back from anyone. I guess the bright side is I have a plan B...

Edited by purrr

I applied to UMich, MSU, CU Boulder, and MIT for a PhD in ME. So far I've had one interview with a UMich prof (mid-December, haven't heard anything since then) and received an invite to CU Boulder's virtual applicant visit (taking place in February). 

I'm wishing everyone good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi y'all - long time listener, first time caller.

Applied to UMich, Caltech, MIT, Purdue, USC, and Stanford for PhD in AeroAstro with a turbulent reacting flows focus.

So far have been accepted at UMich and USC and interviewed at Stanford.

Haven't heard from many other AeroAstro folks yet but well wishes to all!

I can't stop checking help

On 2/2/2021 at 6:39 PM, MarginallyStable said:

Hi y'all - long time listener, first time caller.

Applied to UMich, Caltech, MIT, Purdue, USC, and Stanford for PhD in AeroAstro with a turbulent reacting flows focus.

So far have been accepted at UMich and USC and interviewed at Stanford.

Haven't heard from many other AeroAstro folks yet but well wishes to all!

That's a pretty specific area, what's your background/history, if I could ask?

Dear altruists,

I am not getting any interview calls from potential advisors whom I contacted over email or any update from the universities. Is it a bad sign mid-February for Fall 2021? Was I too ambitious with my profile? 

14 hours ago, hamzasaiger said:

Dear altruists,

I am not getting any interview calls from potential advisors whom I contacted over email or any update from the universities. Is it a bad sign mid-February for Fall 2021? Was I too ambitious with my profile? 

Honestly, I'm feeling the same way. But if we take a step back, I'm only seeing rejections/other on the postings on this website, so it's likely they're still just hashing it out, between admissions and funding. The only acceptances I've seen are for international students.

How to check the PhD Application Status for TAMU, College Station (engineering) applicants?  I somehow feel EngineeringCAS isn't the right place for it. However, last week a lot of people received email containing login information to that portal and a lot of people did not receive. For those who received their login info, got "rejected" as their status on their portal. Other departments have mailed prospective candidates, that their application is under review. Has anyone heard from J. Mike Walker ’66 Department Mechanical Engineering Graduate Office at Texas A&M?