MIT IDM Fall 2021

flashdrive

14 hours ago, minitouch said:

For those of you still waiting for results, when did you have the interview?  

I had my interview on 9th March. 

Super nervous, its the only school I applied and believe in.

At this point it's likely that all a-list applicants were called on the 21st, especially anyone who indicated that they were applying to other schools so IDM doesn't loose them to a competitor program.

Anyone accepted from this point forward is likely on the b-list - a pool of applicants to pull from should anyone decline their offer.

1 hour ago, flashdrive said:

At this point it's likely that all a-list applicants were called on the 21st, especially anyone who indicated that they were applying to other schools so IDM doesn't loose them to a competitor program.

Anyone accepted from this point forward is likely on the b-list - a pool of applicants to pull from should anyone decline their offer.

Does this mean there will be still interview invitations giving out?

41 minutes ago, Sheng said:

Does this mean there will be still interview invitations giving out?

I'm not on the adcom so I'm not sure, but I would say it's likely that all the candidates they're most interested in have been interviewed at this point.

27 minutes ago, flashdrive said:

I'm not on the adcom so I'm not sure, but I would say it's likely that all the candidates they're most interested in have been interviewed at this point.

kk, thank you so much!

Just wondering if anyone knows about the situation of international students who got accepted last year. I belive many of them took defferal due to Covid. Is MIT increasing students in the batch to account for this change or they're just filing remaining seats this year?

On 3/30/2021 at 8:05 PM, flashdrive said:

Oh shoot-- this is interesting to note. Where did you get this information from?

I had an interview in Mid-March, and then haven't heard anything. I know IDM is around a 30~ person program, and on this forum alone we have seen 6 acceptances. For people contemplating next steps who haven't heard back, should we assume we didn't get it?

6 minutes ago, frenchfryqueen said:

Oh shoot-- this is interesting to note. Where did you get this information from?

I had an interview in Mid-March, and then haven't heard anything. I know IDM is around a 30~ person program, and on this forum alone we have seen 6 acceptances. For people contemplating next steps who haven't heard back, should we assume we didn't get it?

I'm still holding out hope that I'll hear back with an acceptance. While I think flashdrive's speculation is pessimistic, they do make a good point that the admissions deliberations are complex. Not all who are offered a spot will accept, and I'm sure it's no small feat putting together a reserve roster of people they could pull from that would preserve the culture of the cohort they're trying to build.

I would hedge your bets and consider alternative paths, but don't count yourself as b-list just because flashdrive feels that way. You're A-list just for getting this far!

Buena suerte! :)

1 minute ago, pausedtoast95 said:

I'm still holding out hope that I'll hear back with an acceptance. While I think flashdrive's speculation is pessimistic, they do make a good point that the admissions deliberations are complex. Not all who are offered a spot will accept, and I'm sure it's no small feat putting together a reserve roster of people they could pull from that would preserve the culture of the cohort they're trying to build.

I would hedge your bets and consider alternative paths, but don't count yourself as b-list just because flashdrive feels that way. You're A-list just for getting this far!

Buena suerte! :)

Pausedtoast-- LOVE this outlook! Agreed, I definitely don't view us at b-list and wouldn't if I got a call. Haha I was just curious if they were finishing their acceptance calls already. (Just wanted a realistic gage of where things were at. Agreed, admissions is WEIRD and complex, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even finish up calls yet, but who knows! Especially as the program is ~30 people, with 10 from each background, along with additional weight of deferrals from last year.)

Here's holding out hope for the both of us! Hope we get it and can do a celebratory jig together!

Edit: never mind, just got the rejection lol! Good luck to everyone!

I still have heard nothing yet lol. No rejection, no interview, etc.  Its all good though! Maybe I'll apply again down the road, but for now I think I'll be attending Rhode Island School of Design!

Edited by chlobop

1 hour ago, chlobop said:

Edit: never mind, just got the rejection lol! Good luck to everyone!

I still have heard nothing yet lol. No rejection, no interview, etc.  Its all good though! Maybe I'll apply again down the road, but for now I think I'll be attending Rhode Island School of Design!

Heyyyyyyy OMG I got an offer from RISD MID TOO and will mostly go there!!! Can we connect??? 

Also, I got an email saying I’m on the waitlist, if anyone who has applied elsewhere and is not planning to attend IDM please inform them at the earliest if possible ???? I will be forever grateful ?

1 hour ago, ad0seven said:

hey guys! i just got my waitlist placement letter. i had an interview on March 9.

for those who were accepted by IDM:

congratulations! is there a deadline to accept/reject the offer?

Same question!! Is there a deadline by which those of you who were accepted need to revert back to them?