BFA in Wigs to Librarianship?

(This was also posted in the Art History forum)

Hello. Hopefully this is the right place to post a request for help. I graduate from college in 2019 with a BFA in Design and Production with a 3.66 gpa. I went to a conservatory so we had concentrations of studies within our degree programs and mine was Wig and Makeup Design. Because of the way the program is setup you focus on perfecting your art concentration and only art skills relevant to your concentration. I loved my program and I cherish the four years I got to spend with amazing friends and great teachers, however doing a job I decided would be fun when I was 17 isn't realistic anymore. 

Career satisfaction is something that is very important to me and I want to spend my time in service of others. I've been toying (read: really obsessed with and desperately want) with the idea of going back to school and getting my Masters in Art History and Masters of Library Science. Hopefully having the opportunity to work in Libraries or Museums sharing and preserving art and information. I only have two programs that I'm considering applying: one is the dream the other a safety both at 2 different public universities in my state. 

I've been applying to a lot of entry level jobs in galleries, libraries, and other related spaces and I've been consistently rejected. I was hoping to get some practical experience to learn more about the field (to make sure I like it) and make myself into an appealing applicant but it's been a bit of a bust. Any apprenticeship/ postbaccs that are geared towards career changers? 

I'm a first gen college student. I navigated applications for undergrad and paying for it on my own. I don't have any resources for graduate school admissions and am just looking for some help. I'm not very sure what the right questions are to ask you guys to answer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

TL;DR 23 y/o Wig and Makeup Design college grad looking to transition careers and go to grad school for Art History and MLIS. Hopes to work in libraries/museums. Limited to no experience in the field and looking for advice on applications and or life if you're feeling spicy.