GWU or Uni Zurich? Reloaded...

j.ice

Hi all,

I know I had a post earlier, but I finally got my acceptance letter for both schools and I know all the costs now so I would like more advice.

Basically it is between:

GWU, Elliot School of International Affairs, Master of Arts in International Trade and Investment Policy (41,000 USD per year, 82k total, ALL COST INCLUDED)

OR

University of Zurich, Master of Arts in Management and Economics, (18,000 USD per year, 36k total, ALL COSTS INCLUDED)

The big question for me about the job prospects after. Ideally I would like to work for the IMF, WTO, BIS, Fed, or other central banking/ monetary policy institute, but I think I could also see myself being very happy working in a consultancy agency or normal bank or financing agency in the beginning as well (I don't really have any experience so I can't say one or the other more). Definitely the dream location for me is Switzerland more than the US (I am American so this can be a challenge).

I am just wondering if I will have the same job opportunities with the degree from Uni Zurich as a I would if I went to GWU. I would REALLY appreciate anyone who went to either of these schools to tell me the truth about the job prospects after, because that will really make all the difference in my decision. If they are at all close I think I would much rather go to Zurich because I will just save so much money.

Opinions and advice?

Elliott, especially at the graduate level, does help a lot if you want to find a job in DC in terms of connections, a great career center, and location. You might already know, the Elliott school building is basically one short block to IMF.

However, Elliott is not going to guarantee you a job and a non-US degree is not going to prevent you from getting a job in the US. If I were in your position, I would just go with your dream school.