MA Conflict Resolution, Negotiation

Kawa'a

While researching MPA programs, I came across a program in Conflict Resolution/Negotiation/Peace Building. I thought it was really interesting, but I don't know much about getting an MA in Conflict Resolution. Any thoughts? Would it be applicable to general management (there's always conflict, right?)? How are these degrees viewed by employers? Thanks.

• 7 months later...

The Maxwell School's MPA program offers a certificate of conflict resolution through PARCC (http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/parcc.aspx). I'm in the MPA program now and the certificate is quite popular among my classmates.

While researching MPA programs, I came across a program in Conflict Resolution/Negotiation/Peace Building. I thought it was really interesting, but I don't know much about getting an MA in Conflict Resolution. Any thoughts? Would it be applicable to general management (there's always conflict, right?)? How are these degrees viewed by employers? Thanks.

Sorry, but when you say "would it be applicable to general management (there's always conflict, right?)," you do mean solving civil wars in developing countries, re-establishing governance, DDR stuff, et cetera and not ending interpersonal conflicts in the workplace as a managerial skill, right?

Edited by balderdash

• 2 months later...

Sorry, but when you say "would it be applicable to general management (there's always conflict, right?)," you do mean solving civil wars in developing countries, re-establishing governance, DDR stuff, et cetera and not ending interpersonal conflicts in the workplace as a managerial skill, right?

Agreed...I think you need to figure out exactly what your goals and objectives are.

I believe there are also programs at NYU for conflict resolution and peace studies. One is a certificate program (which seems to have an accounting focus) and I am pretty sure the other is a graduae program in peace studies.

Here is a link that I was able to dig up quickly: http://www.scps.nyu.edu/areas-of-study/accounting-taxation-legal/professional-certificates/conflict-and-dispute-resolution.html