Georgetown SFS ($0 scholarship) vs Tufts Fletcher MALD ($50K scholarship): FSO hopeful

Bails

Hello all you IR folks - I desperately need your help!

So I got into my dream grad school, Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service, but they're not offering any scholarship funds and are the most expensive school on my list. I was accepted to Tufts University's Fletcher School MA Law and Diplomacy with more than 50% scholarship. Fletcher is my second choice but significantly more affordable. Georgetown will be about twice the overall cost for tuition alone.

Career Goal: Foreign Service Officer (Consular track). I've passed the FSOT three times but always get stuck on the Personal Narratives. I paused my pursuits during the whole Trump admin restructure.

Research interests: Great power politics, conflict mediation, US-China relations.

Question: Do I take out 80K in loans for SFS, which is arguably the best program for FSO dreamers, or do I go with the more affordable Tufts which is a good program but less impressive on a resume? Is the loan justifiable for the program, or am I stupid to take the risk that Georgetown would offer many more opportunities than Tufts given the DSO isn't overly concerned with university attended? 

Hey!

With this kind of funding difference and even given your goals, I would definitely lean towards Fletcher. I've heard that there is a decent contingent of FSOs from Fletcher, and I don't think that $80k is necessarily worth the difference (plus, you've made it to Personal Narratives without a grad program).