please guide me

biswajit

sir\ma'am

.It will be really kind of you if answer the following queries

1>i am aiming for fall of 2012 (MS in Information security )considering that i am having 2 years(1 year to complete ENGG and one after completing )what are the possible things i can do to make my profile strong.

2>will going for networking courses or system security courses (mean to say certification)brighten my chances of getting a good universities in Information Security and can you please name a few certification courses

personal detail:-

>presently in 7th sem (M.U.) with 64 percentage up till now..

>3 project in information security

I would focus on three things:

1. Since it sounds like you have one more year of studying at the undergraduate level, I would make every effort to build relationships with professors. You'll probably need 3 who can write solid recommendations for you, so you really need to go out of your way to get to know them. By the same token, look at the requirements for applying to programs - if there is a 20 page writing sample, work over the next two years to make sure you have a great paper that you can use.

2. Make sure the year between finishing this degree and applying in 2012 is spent doing something worthwhile and relevant to your area of study. An internship or something in information security would work.

3. I don't want to offend you, and I admire anybody who speaks more than one language well, but it sounds like your English skills could use improving. My undergraduate institution is well-known for engineering and the sciences, and the applications from India and East Asia were overwhelming. Any student who couldn't hold a political conversation about the news (for example) didn't really interest those departments because they had so many similar applicants who could. So I would say that over the next two years, do everything you can to spend some time in the UK, Australia, South Africa, or the US to get some language immersion. It would also look great on the application (that you're outgoing, like to challenge yourself, et cetera).