Claremont PhD

sport1

Thoughts on Claremont Graduate University? What are the first thoughts you have about it? (We're playing word association...)

And after that, here's background on me: Currently getting MTS at Vanderbilt. Intend to focus on women in the early church.

How competitive is Claremont? If you were ranking PhDs in religion, how might you rank it?

Thanks!

sp

Edited by sport1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is Claremont the school where funding sucks? I've heard stories about 30% being a high offer. Or is that GDU?

I know this is a late reply but I'm new and just perhaps you're still lurking around.

30% at Claremont is probably fairly generous. I know of three graduates (all PhDs) whom were given next to nothing for financial aid. From hearing them talk, that appears to be the norm at the school -- a "you're accepted as long as you can pay your own way."

On the flipside, the school appears to go out of their way to find teaching employment for PhD students (especially in religion and philosophy) in local community colleges and evening classes at universities while attending. All three of the people I know were teaching intro courses in their field by Spring of 2nd year.