Please help me if you're already in the MSW program or have just gotten in

evilpupil

Hey there! I really need help in assessing my chance of getting into these schools:

UC berkeley MSW

UCLA MSW

UW MSW

SFSU MSW

NYU MSW

Here are my numbers

Graduate from: UCSB (University of California, Santa Barbara)

GPA: 3.6

GRE: Not sure yet. taking it next month. What score should I get based on my stats?

Experience: 1 month volunteering in Peru. 8 months volunteering at a significant mental health agency (Almost 25 hours a week). 7 months of full time (40 hours a week) job as an advocate at a mental health &developmental disability residential facility (current), and 3 months as a volunteer at the Crisis Clinic, Washington (current). (total: Approaching 2 years by the time I start school.)

Ethnicity: Asian American

Born and raised in Korea until 12 years old

Disadvantage family

Had a different career beforehand (graphic design)

Let me know how youguys all feel about this.

Thanks!

BTW I'm shooting for fall of 2011

Hey there! I really need help in assessing my chance of getting into these schools:

UC berkeley MSW

UCLA MSW

UW MSW

SFSU MSW

NYU MSW

Here are my numbers

Graduate from: UCSB (University of California, Santa Barbara)

GPA: 3.6

GRE: Not sure yet. taking it next month. What score should I get based on my stats?

Experience: 1 month volunteering in Peru. 8 months volunteering at a significant mental health agency (Almost 25 hours a week). 7 months of full time (40 hours a week) job as an advocate at a mental health &developmental disability residential facility (current), and 3 months as a volunteer at the Crisis Clinic, Washington (current). (total: Approaching 2 years by the time I start school.)

Ethnicity: Asian American

Born and raised in Korea until 12 years old

Disadvantage family

Had a different career beforehand (graphic design)

Let me know how youguys all feel about this.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BTW I'm shooting for fall of 2011

The only school I'm kinda familiar with on your list is NYU. NYU like a lot of MSW Programs don't require the GRE. They also like to see about a straight year or so in some type of social service position or work, whether it be paid or voluntary so it sounds like you meet that criteria. Truth be told NYU is probably one of the easier MSW programs to get into. I know its NYU but in all actuality they accept I think 50% if not a little more of those who apply which I think is a lot compared to other schools. NYU is also very clinical so if clinical is what you are interested in than it would be a good choice.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, Ive just been accepted to nyu's accelerated program for jan 2011. the two of us have a similar undergraduate gpa, but to tell u the truth though, u have much more experience working and volunteering than i do so i doubt ull have an issue getting into nyu.

All the best

hello, Ive just been accepted to nyu's accelerated program for jan 2011. the two of us have a similar undergraduate gpa, but to tell u the truth though, u have much more experience working and volunteering than i do so i doubt ull have an issue getting into nyu.

All the best

how did you get in so fast?!?!??!!? you're starting in January?

how did you get in so fast?!?!??!!? you're starting in January?

yes, i found out now because im starting in jan. I dont know for sure that im going to nyu though, ive been accepted to columbia too and am currently researching both schools. But again, I don't think you should have too much trouble getting into nyu.

best of luck