Dissatisfaction with program

artthoughts

So I am very unhappy at the program I am currently at and wish to transfer or request readmittance to a program I was enrolled in prior. I feel it would be imprudent to explain exactly why I can to leave current program because it is critical of the faculty.

How would you explain your reasons for leaving to a new program. Its rare that people transfer from one program to another. Any thoughts?

come clean, be honest and explain to your advisor/committee that you are not satisfied with your progress. tell that (perhaps) because of your lack of interest, or the future potential/applicability of the program, or the people around you, or any other reason, you don't think you will be able to contribute as much as you thought you could. also tell that if the tables were turned and you were given a fresh opportunity in another program that you like, you'll be able to do better. you are going to have to fight strong to prove your case as they are not going to believe you in doing well in another program (in the same school/dept) if you weren't doing well in the first program. but if you are trying to switch just because you are fed up all the nuisances and other stuff you are facing, just tell that what's bothering you.

this is never an easy process, and a very awkward thing to go through. especially if the transfer is happening in the same dept/school. some profs are cool with it, some might give you a cold shoulder every now and then. but it's you who needs to make the ultimate decision.