Anyone took their GRE last week?

cherubie

Hi everyone,

I took my GRE last week (Dec. 16), I know ETS says give it 10-15 (or more sometimes) days to get the scores online and in the mail. I want to know my official score as soon as possible, even if I need to pay through the phone. ETS said they're closed today for the holidays (I wasn't aware that the day before Christmas Eve is a holiday), did anyone take their exam around the same time I did, and if so, will our scores be up by the 10-15 day range, or later- say after the New Year? Sorry if this seems like one of those nuance stupid questions. I'm a really antsy person, and want to see the official score so I can finally put this whole thing completely behind me.

Thanks!

I had checked the website before I booked my testing for 2 days ago. They say 15 days and don't specify anything about holidays. So I would assume that irrespective of the occasion, you can count on receiving your score 15 days max from the testing day? I recall that last month, despite the Thanksgiving holiday, I still received my score 15 days after the testing date.

Thanks guys for answering my question. The scores were on the phone today, so I forked over the $12 so I don't have to agonize for another week. (I had this irrational fear of misreading my scores and was paranoid that my actual score was lower than what I've been telling myself, I wasn't just agonizing over the stupid AW part). Anyways banana21, I hope you enjoy your Christmas. If it makes you feel any better, I personally thought the actual math was easier (yes, easier) than PowerPrep. The geometry required no where near as many calculations (the 1 geometry question I remember having required me to know what equilateral triangles are and how to take the perimeter of a rectangle and a triangle). However, do brush up on those basic statistics, I got several questions on things that I learned in stats 101 in the first several weeks of class (can't tell you what the question was, but hopefully that gives enough info for you to know what I'm talking about). The analytical writing part was meh, I just followed Kaplan's sample essay's format and pulled as many things out of the air as I can. The verbal part, if you know Barron's and you're not somehow especially inept at reading, you'll manage at least a 650. Don't worry about it, the test is definitely overrated and people make it sound a lot harder than it truly is.

Thanks for the tips, cherubie!

Oh man, those stats questions are the ones which give me the hardest time (Math for me is not a walk in the park)! I studied using Kaplan and not Barron's... so... well... fingers crossed for me. GRE Vocab really scares me, though. I thought my English was not bad, until I started looking through the vocab list. My flashcard pile is sky high and I'm off to buy a new pack of flash cards tomorrow. My exam is on the 29 Dec, then I'll have to start on my essays and monitoring my LoRs.

I hope you had a great Christmas too and that all of us receive fantastic news in the next few months.

Cheers,

Diana

generallygrad.blogspot.com

I took mine two days before Christmas and got the scores in 16 calendar days. I'm not sure which days were holidays. Also, don't pay the $12 for the phone they show-up on-line at the same time.

LOL...I just saw that I said two days before Christmas. It was actually two days before Thanksgiving.

Just in case anyone is interested:

I took my GRE and did not-so-well for Verbal. Many of the words that were used, were ones that I've read before in newspapers and magazines like NYTimes, Time, Newsweek etc, but it never really crossed my mind to look up the definition only because I could guess it well enough within the context of the sentence. In the GRE, the relationship/pair questions near-killed me, I think.

My Math has never been my strongest subject. I think what helped me was to consciously tell myself that if I was taking too long to ponder over a question, I was probably approaching it in the wrong manner.

My score: 570V/760Q

Worried only because I'm applying for MSc. Comms/Media and a high Verbal score would have been a much needed peace of mind...

Good luck to everyone else and please someone holler if you are applying for MSc. Comms/Media!

Cheers & Happy New Year!