SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I'm going to guess that by the end of this week or beginning of next we will start hearing back from alot of schools... : /

I'm seriously losing my mind. I applied to 5 schools and so far have only heard that I was wait listed from one... I NEED some good news. At this point, I just want to get it over with and find out what's going on so I can plan!!! I'm having trouble focusing on anything because I'm just obsessing about when I'll hear.. not to mention I think my e-mail server might crash solely from me constantly send/receiving...

I took one class from USU-and really enjoyed it (and it was organized well).

I took one online class at Utah State University too. And I liked it. I might take one more course (Aural Rehab) in Summer depending on where I get accepted, if the school requires the course. I thought it was pretty affordable at about $247 per credit hour, for both in-state and out-of-state students. Everything is organized well. The online system worked smoothly, and my transcript was sent over to schools very quickly too.

The class I took didn't have proctored exams, though. I'd much rather like to avoid looking for a proctor, since I might be travelling overseas in summer. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other affordable online programs that allow you to take timed online quizzes on Blackboard or something.

I took one online class at Utah State University too. And I liked it. I might take one more course (Aural Rehab) in Summer depending on where I get accepted, if the school requires the course. I thought it was pretty affordable at about $247 per credit hour, for both in-state and out-of-state students. Everything is organized well. The online system worked smoothly, and my transcript was sent over to schools very quickly too.

The class I took didn't have proctored exams, though. I'd much rather like to avoid looking for a proctor, since I might be travelling overseas in summer. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other affordable online programs that allow you to take timed online quizzes on Blackboard or something.

Agreed-I didn't need a proctor either, and I imagine my experience would have been a lot different otherwise!

I'm seriously losing my mind. I applied to 5 schools and so far have only heard that I was wait listed from one... I NEED some good news. At this point, I just want to get it over with and find out what's going on so I can plan!!! I'm having trouble focusing on anything because I'm just obsessing about when I'll hear.. not to mention I think my e-mail server might crash solely from me constantly send/receiving...

I know!!! I cannot focus on anything! Quick tip- check Spam mail for emails, I know multiple people who received decisions in their junk mail!

I know!!! I cannot focus on anything! Quick tip- check Spam mail for emails, I know multiple people who received decisions in their junk mail!

I wish... no such luck for me. I just have to be on my toes for the next couple of weeks and jump at my phone/computer every time it beeps! :) Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!

To completely change the subject, Chrysanthemum, I see you applied to UPacific -- have you heard anything at all from them, like even confirmation letter/email that they received your application? (or anyone else who applied there?) I've not heard a word, though they cashed my check. I'm really interested in their program since it's accelerated...

Thanks for the info on Utah State, everyone. If I don't get in anywhere this year, I am probably going to do a second B.A./B.S. next year and try again for fall 2013. I hope I get in somewhere, though! This waiting is torture...

If anyone needs a ride to this Friday's Northwestern open house from a train station or somewhere else on the north side, send me a personal message. I'll be arriving in Evanston on Thursday night and I'm familiar with area, so I'd be happy to pick somebody up.

Thanks for the info on Utah State, everyone. If I don't get in anywhere this year, I am probably going to do a second B.A./B.S. next year and try again for fall 2013. I hope I get in somewhere, though! This waiting is torture...

If anyone needs a ride to this Friday's Northwestern open house from a train station or somewhere else on the north side, send me a personal message. I'll be arriving in Evanston on Thursday night and I'm familiar with area, so I'd be happy to pick somebody up.

You have crazy impressive stats. I have a feeling a second BA will not be in your future ;)

To completely change the subject, Chrysanthemum, I see you applied to UPacific -- have you heard anything at all from them, like even confirmation letter/email that they received your application? (or anyone else who applied there?) I've not heard a word, though they cashed my check. I'm really interested in their program since it's accelerated...

I'm actually really glad you said this because I haven't heard a peep out of them either, although they did cash my check. According to the gradcafe results page, it looks like people started hearing from UPacific near the end of March last year.

Their accelerated program sounds so appealing, and I would love to be in California. I know it's an expensive school, but the faster I get out of school the faster I can pay back my loans and have a "grown-up" life haha.

I'm actually really glad you said this because I haven't heard a peep out of them either, although they did cash my check. According to the gradcafe results page, it looks like people started hearing from UPacific near the end of March last year.

Their accelerated program sounds so appealing, and I would love to be in California. I know it's an expensive school, but the faster I get out of school the faster I can pay back my loans and have a "grown-up" life haha.

Ok, well their lack of communication with you as well makes me less paranoid! Maybe I'll still try to give them a call to check -- I think every other school I applied to has at least sent out a form "we got your app" email.

I agree completely... it's pricey, but so are most of the schools I applied to, and I can justify it by thinking it's all that much faster I'll be employed as an SLP! Good luck to you! I'll let you know if I get any useful info out of them if/when I call.

I know there are several people applying to UWashington and I have a quick question. When you log in to check your application status, does it say "Submitted" under Status and "status" under Action? I'm just wondering if it should say "Complete" underneath status... I had everything turned in by the deadline so I'm not worried, just wondering if others have the same thing. I'm getting anxious to hear back!

I know there are several people applying to UWashington and I have a quick question. When you log in to check your application status, does it say "Submitted" under Status and "status" under Action? I'm just wondering if it should say "Complete" underneath status... I had everything turned in by the deadline so I'm not worried, just wondering if others have the same thing. I'm getting anxious to hear back!

Yep, that's what mine says, along with the "decisions by mid March". I'm anxious to hear back too, although I think it's one of my lowest chances since I'm not sure they'll accept my (primarily psychology and linguistics) coursework as satisfying all the prereqs :/

Edited by buttercupracer

Just got my first acceptance to UNC-Chapel Hill! Notification came via e-mail and said that a decision had been made and provided a link to the application log in page, where there was a new link that said "acceptance decision", and when I clicked it an acceptance letter came up! Good luck to everyone!!! :)

Just got my first acceptance to UNC-Chapel Hill! Notification came via e-mail and said that a decision had been made and provided a link to the application log in page, where there was a new link that said "acceptance decision", and when I clicked it an acceptance letter came up! Good luck to everyone!!! :)

Congrats!!

I applied there too, but I did not receive an e-mail and my application is still the same... I wonder how they're notifying. If only schools sent out all notifications at once haha. That would be too much to ask though.

I just received an email confirmation that my application is complete from Redlands today (submitted in yearly January). Does that mean that they are running behind? Last year they were sending out admissions decisions by next week...

If you click on status under action you will be able to view the date your application was submitted, expected decision- mid-March and application complete. I have a feeling we will hear back the end of this week or beginning of next...

If you click on status under action you will be able to view the date your application was submitted, expected decision- mid-March and application complete. I have a feeling we will hear back the end of this week or beginning of next...

On the supplemental application site, it says that they'll be posting results about 4 weeks after the deadline (2/1). I know this might be a stretch, but that means the beginning of March! So hopefully we'll hear sooner than mid-March :)

Holy #$%^, congratulations! That program looks impossible to get into. You should be really proud of yourself!

Ok, well their lack of communication with you as well makes me less paranoid! Maybe I'll still try to give them a call to check -- I think every other school I applied to has at least sent out a form "we got your app" email.

I agree completely... it's pricey, but so are most of the schools I applied to, and I can justify it by thinking it's all that much faster I'll be employed as an SLP! Good luck to you! I'll let you know if I get any useful info out of them if/when I call.

I'll do the same as well! And good luck--how awesome would that be if we both got in?!

@caitlin5661 @Chrysanthemum I also applied to UPacific, I emailed them last week regarding the status of my application. They sent a reply with my Pacific ID number which you can use to check the status of your application through the "Graduate Application Checker". You can check this just to make sure they have all of your documents but nothing yet regarding decisions, it just says "complete and ready for review".

On the supplemental application site, it says that they'll be posting results about 4 weeks after the deadline (2/1). I know this might be a stretch, but that means the beginning of March! So hopefully we'll hear sooner than mid-March :)

Well I looked back at past forums and say that people started receiving decisions last year on March 4th lol....I'm so nervous...fingers-crossed though :)