Chicago Schools

Ramblr

I'm still in the dark too and was thinking the exact same thing about the MAPH. I thought it odd that there had been no "consolation" MA admits posted yet. We'll see...

U of C offers consolation MAs for art history? I am really anxious about it. I applied to the PhD. Haven't heard a peep either way... No rejection via post. Does the school have a wait list?

It's technically the Master of Arts Program in the Humanities. Not solely an Art History MA, but apparently you can concentrate on AH. It's an interesting program: http://maph.uchicago.edu/, one year long and generally not well funded. If you search the results archives, you'll see a lot of Art History PhD rejects/MAPH accepts.

U of C offers consolation MAs for art history? I am really anxious about it. I applied to the PhD. Haven't heard a peep either way... No rejection via post. Does the school have a wait list?

So, just got my MAPH email from Chicago with partial funding. Wahhhh!!!!! I'm bummed about it, because I "felt" it was a perfect fit. Out of curiosity, do a lot of MAPH Art History students filter into the PhD at Chicago or other schools???

So, just got my MAPH email from Chicago with partial funding. Wahhhh!!!!! I'm bummed about it, because I "felt" it was a perfect fit. Out of curiosity, do a lot of MAPH Art History students filter into the PhD at Chicago or other schools???

ah, i'm still waiting on uchicago....nothing via snail mail/email...were notifications sent out twice - once in early march and this week?

according to the results page from last year, it seems like MAPH acceptances with half tuition funding were sent emails while those without funding were notified only via postal service?

i'm also curious if MAPHs are at an advantage when reapplying for PhD?

ah, i'm still waiting on uchicago....nothing via snail mail/email...were notifications sent out twice - once in early march and this week?

according to the results page from last year, it seems like MAPH acceptances with half tuition funding were sent emails while those without funding were notified only via postal service?

i'm also curious if MAPHs are at an advantage when reapplying for PhD?

I'm in CA and received my MAPH offer via postal service today. It went to my mom's house, and she tells me there's nothing in there about funding, so I assume mine is unfunded. (I will be attending a fully funded PhD program, so I'm not as upset about that.)

There's a variety of opinions regarding the usefulness of the MAPH; you can poke around (read: search) the humanities threads to find the various perspectives on it.

Good luck to all!

• 2 weeks later...