Great school, not a great principal

jules0

I just accepted a new job in a large urban district. For some reason, I really loved to school.. I just had a good feeling, the hours are great and it's 10 mins from my house. With that said, I could tell almost immediately that the principal isn't well liked. She was just giving weird vibes. I know she liked me- I could tell immediately and she offered me the job a few hours after the interview. I asked for some time to think it over and ended up going back the next day to meet with the team of teachers I'd work with. I asked that team how the principal is and they more or less said that she's a bitch and a lot of people don't like her, but they (the teachers) like their job and have been in the building for 10 plus years. I'm coming from a super relaxed school with great admin, but I have an hour commute (one way) and I need to be able to see my children more than I do.