Low cost transatlantic airlines

Nessie

Hello everyone,

I'm headed to Florida from the UK in a few months time for a research job and need to find the cheapest flights possible. Anyone know of any low cost airlines that might be less well known? Alternatively, any that I should avoid?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I'm headed to Florida from the UK in a few months time for a research job and need to find the cheapest flights possible. Anyone know of any low cost airlines that might be less well known? Alternatively, any that I should avoid?

Thanks!

I've had a terrible experience with Aer Lingus both times I've flown (lost baggage, cancelled flights, et cetera), so I wouldn't recommend them. STA travel is having a sale now, so they can get you some cheap seats on Virgin for like 300 quid roundtrip, which is really as good as you're going to get anywhere.

I don't know if they have this in America- but in Canada/the UK, it seems that the cheapest transatlantic airline is Air Transat (sometimes called Thomas Cook for UK flights). Most of the year, you can get a flight for about $550-750.

I fly it all the time- it's not as nice as BA or the expensive ones (slightly smaller seats, no personal TVs, etc)- but if you can put up with those small things, you'll get there for less. They also don't let you take as much luggage as some airlines, but that's okay for shorter trips.

Edited by Matilda_Tone