SOP MIstake

Hello all, I am a newbie to this forum. I just realized that in my SOP I wrote the Department of Chemical Engineering rather than the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. I also stated i would like to earn a PHD in Chemical Engineering rather than in Chemical and Biomolecular engineering. Do you all think i should contact admissions and try to submit a corrected SOP? What are the chances of this hurting my application?

Thanks

A lot of places don't allow you to make any changes to your SoP once it has been submitted, but it's still worth asking the admissions people at the department if it can be updated. The error might not affect your application at all, but it is possible it might. Do other schools call their departments 'Department of Chemical Engineering'? If so, it is possible the adcomm could think that some other school was your first choice - I don't know if it will affect the possibility of admission, or even how much, but it is possible that it could.

Hello all, I am a newbie to this forum. I just realized that in my SOP I wrote the Department of Chemical Engineering rather than the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. I also stated i would like to earn a PHD in Chemical Engineering rather than in Chemical and Biomolecular engineering. Do you all think i should contact admissions and try to submit a corrected SOP? What are the chances of this hurting my application?

Thanks

I think most adcomms will think you shortened the name of the department to save space in your SoP. I really wouldn't worry too much about it, I can't imagine anyone being put off by that...most might not even notice.