Language requirement for Russian, Eurasian and East European Studies?

Hello everyone, 

I recently earned an MA in International Relations with a regional concentration in Eurasia and wrote my thesis on the Challenges of Peacekeeping in Nagorno-Karabakh.

I want to pursue a Masters Degree in Russian/Eurasian studies with a concentration in Central Asian Economic Development. My main weakness is that I have no college-level Russian. I have spent multiple summers in Tashkent with my partner’s Karakalpak family (so I didn’t interact with others in Russian all the time) Короче; I think my Russian is passable, but not that good (at all!) 

Some programs, such as Georgetown’s CERES program, ask, "All applicants must include evidence that they have completed the equivalent of at least three years of college-level study of a language of the region relevant to their proposed course of study.” 

I don’t think I meet that requirement… should I bother applying? Is the language requirement strict in these types of programs? 

Thank you all!