in pursuit of collaboration with doctoral student in the Humanities from US

Dear all,

I am a doctoral student from Greece (and in Greece) and it came to my attention that since September 2024 there has been this open call by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) and the Hellenic Foundation for Research & Innovation (HFRI) for a collaboration between US and Greek scholars to produce joint projects aiming at cultural exchange. It is open to all joint proposals relating to the Humanities. So the academic area of the potential doctoral student needs to be within the Humanities. That means fine arts, performing arts, literature, philosophy, religion and history.
https://www.neh.gov/initiatives/international-opportunities

I am not a “published” researcher yet, however, my area is Critical Disability Studies and my doctoral research is on institutionalized disabled people with a focus on the potential of working carers in deinstitutionalization projects, if they are to receive kinds of supports, in a participatory and emancipatory research framework. However, this is just part of my academic curiosity. I am very interested in the peer movement and bottom up approaches. I am also interested in the histories of eugenics and the role they play in shaping our realities and lastly I am also interested in ecology. Currently, I am also following a Master’s course in Sweden on Gender, Justice and Society at Umea University and I am very much blown away with queer ecology and ecofeminism which I find particularly useful/promising with regard to a future of Disability related work.

If any doctoral student within the Humanities from an accredited US university is interested, please drop me a PM. The application deadline is on the 20th of November 2024 so there is a month ahead, however, this can be highly competitive so the sooner the better! Thank you!

Kind regards,

Christos