Do_You_Like_Apple Posted December 20, 2025 Posted December 20, 2025 It’s very quiet this year, so I’m starting this. How are you doing with the application process this year? I applied to five PhD programs in theory and am starting the waiting game.
oyster347 Posted January 3 Posted January 3 I applied to 2 for theory, Princeton and Yale. Where did you apply?
Do_You_Like_Apple Posted January 3 Author Posted January 3 I also applied to Princeton—fingers crossed for both of us! Have you reached out to any faculty? I also applied to Columbia, Chicago, and UPenn! Hopefully I’ll hear about interviews soon… the waiting game is so painful...
BeepBoopApple Posted January 4 Posted January 4 4 hours ago, Do_You_Like_Apple said: I also applied to Princeton—fingers crossed for both of us! Have you reached out to any faculty? I also applied to Columbia, Chicago, and UPenn! Hopefully I’ll hear about interviews soon… the waiting game is so painful... Just a heads up -- UChicago isn't admitting phd in the humanities this year.
oyster347 Posted January 4 Posted January 4 I have, I've talked to two faculty members at a recent conference, and then again when one came to give a talk at my current institution- they were both super nice. Those are great schools, best of luck! Waiting is the worst part.
cloison Posted January 8 Posted January 8 Chiming in as another theory applicant in the same boat I applied to Harvard, NYU, and Stanford (plus a couple of MA fallbacks), so now it’s just refreshing email way too often. Thanks to whoever flagged the UChicago situation-that rumor has been floating around my department too and it’s rough news. It’s encouraging to hear about positive faculty interactions, though; those conversations really do make the wait feel a little more human. Wishing everyone here some good news soon… this limbo stage is brutal, but at least we’re not alone.
transfiguredmom Posted January 16 Posted January 16 Any more news? I got some interviews last week and I'm now in the stage of infinite remorse of what I did in the interview. Duke told me that they plan to release early Feb.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now