Jump to content

Question

Posted

Hi everyone,

I was admitted to the PhD in Sociology  (Fall 2026), but I did not receive funding in the first round and was informed that I’m currently on the waitlist for funding.

I was wondering if anyone here has experienced a similar situation in previous cycles and could share how it turned out.

• Did funding become available later (TA/RA or departmental fellowships)?
• Around what time of the cycle did that happen, if it did?

I’m also an international student, so I wanted to ask about external funding opportunities:
• Are there any external fellowships or funding sources you would recommend for international PhD students in Sociology?
• Has securing external funding helped anyone move off the funding waitlist in the past?

Any insights or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted

I experienced the same. I'm an international student from India and received an offer letter from FAU but was told that I'm on the waiting list for funding and was also asked to arrange external funds if possible. What did you end up doing ? Did you get off the waitlist, if you don't mind telling me. 

  • 0
Posted

I experienced the same. I'm an international student from India and received an offer letter from FAU but was told that I'm on the waiting list for funding and was also asked to arrange external funds if possible. What did you end up doing ? Did you get off the waitlist, if you don't mind telling me. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use