Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm currently exploring the disclosure barriers that sit behind "I can't talk about it" client presentations. Sometimes these are futility-based, for example, "There's no point talking about it; it won't change what happened", sometimes they are moral barriers, for example "If I tell you this, it will hurt you" ... and other times the disclosure barriers are 'stacked' in multiples.

The difficulty, then, in these 'stacked' disclosure barrier presentations is in finding out which one is the primary gatekeeper; which one has to be 'unlocked' before the other. I would greatly value the advice and experience of others on this forum.

Also, whether there are existing theoretical models, frameworks, or therapeutic approaches that conceptualise disclosure barriers in this layered or hierarchical way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use