Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

After the most recent PhD application cycle, I was advised to go back and get a MA in American History before applying again, both because I have been out of school for years, and to have a higher GPA on a more recent degree.

I was debating between an online program (Indiana University) and an in person program (Rutgers Camden.) 

Has anyone done something like this before? Do PhD programs view online and in person programs differently?

Thanks!

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I think both can be valuable, but what matters most is the program’s academic reputation, faculty, research opportunities, and how well it prepares you for your PhD goals. An in-person program may offer more networking and research opportunities, while a strong online program can still be respected if you perform well and build solid academic relationships. I’d also recommend contacting your target PhD programs to ask how they view online MA degrees.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use