Anyone applying to Baylor?

mvw13

Hello,

Is there anyone else in this forum that has applied to Baylor's biology or earth, ecology, and environmental science Ph.D. programs? Our application deadline isn't even here yet, it's Feb. 15th. I was just curious if anyone else has ever applied and knew anything about the applicant pool. Thanks!

u mean baylor univ. in Waco, TX?

aren't they requesting applicants to contact faculty members to make a final decision?

Hello,

Is there anyone else in this forum that has applied to Baylor's biology or earth, ecology, and environmental science Ph.D. programs? Our application deadline isn't even here yet, it's Feb. 15th. I was just curious if anyone else has ever applied and knew anything about the applicant pool. Thanks!

So have you officially selected a faculty member to be your major professor should you be admitted? I expect we won't hear anything until at least March 5, considering the deadline was just 2 days ago!

They request that applicants contact the faculty and try to persuade some prof. to write some recommendation for his/her admission to the program. My research does not quite fit into most faculty's work, and I got 0 positive feedback.

So have you officially selected a faculty member to be your major professor should you be admitted? I expect we won't hear anything until at least March 5, considering the deadline was just 2 days ago!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I had applied in October for the MS in Environmental Science at Baylor after having spoken with one of the professors, who happened to know the professor I do research under right now as an undergrad. I was told recently that they were meeting in late February and sending out notifications in Mid-March (about that time). The guy I spoke with had me put him in contact with my current professor and had wanted me to apply as soon as I could. Not gloating, just giving information. Anyone else heard anything?

Also, has anyone else applied to Clemson, Texas Tech, or Texas A&M for tox?

Hi there,

I was contacted by both departments at Baylor to which I applied: one e-mail was from the professor I want to work with in the Ecological, Earth, and Environmental Science PhD program, and the other was from the director of the Biology doctorate program. The latter e-mail informed me that I would get a decision sometime next week (March 14-18).

I also applied to Texas Tech's biology program. Good luck to you with your applications!

Congratulations!

Hi there,

I was contacted by both departments at Baylor to which I applied: one e-mail was from the professor I want to work with in the Ecological, Earth, and Environmental Science PhD program, and the other was from the director of the Biology doctorate program. The latter e-mail informed me that I would get a decision sometime next week (March 14-18).

I also applied to Texas Tech's biology program. Good luck to you with your applications!

Hi there!

I received an offer Wednesday evening from the biology PhD program. This is their first round of acceptances. Good luck to everyone!

Hopefully environmental science isn't far behind. getting antsy.