Psychology Vs. Every Other Department

sjc86

I was looking at the result database and i noticed that while every other field is posting acceptance/rejection results, psychology is still mostly posting interviews (of course there are exceptions, but overall...).

Any thoughts on this? Is our field just more fickle? Why wont they just go ahead and reject (or accept!!) a bunch of us already!?

I think the wait is finally getting to me...

I'm guessing that psychology receives much more applications than other fields, especially in social science. Even at face value, there are a lot more psych majors than there are chemistry majors, biology majors, economics majors, etc. Given that psychology is one of those fields where a BA will do you as much (as would a BA in say physics, econ, or even chemistry), there are more people who decide to go to graduate school. That's just a guess though. There are also plenty of psychology majors who do not go to graduate school too. Others go to graduate school for other fields (e.g., social work, family studies, etc).

Either that, or departments just love to torture incoming students as a ritual of initiation blink.gif