Unofficial acceptances

Small dilemma. I have had two unofficial acceptances for two schools I applied to, one was during an interview and the other was through an email. I want to know if its okay to ask about funding for these acceptances. If anyone has dealt with these before, has the unofficial acceptance email usually included information about funding or is that only in the official letter. In one case an "after acceptance phone call" has been scheduled and I don't know if I'm supposed to ask explicitly about funding since my admittance is still unofficial. I don't want them to think I'm all about the money but at this point I want to know because most masters programs are not funded.

It's my understanding that funding info comes in the official acceptance. Usually the unofficial acceptance is at the departmental level, but funding may depend on processes at the university level.

If you know who your advisors are, I think it would be OK to touch base with them and mention that you are still waiting on your official letters of acceptance to come, as well as information about funding. That way, it will give you a chance to connect about other things, and not just about funding. Which programs did you get accepted to? PhDs or Masters? and Congrats!!!

I also have been accepted to 2 schools, but officially, and have not yet heard anything about funding. I am going to contact my potential advisors soon.

I've received a couple of acceptances from the DGS, all unofficial I suppose. They informed me that I would be receiving full funding and what type but didn't give specifics such as the stipend amount or health insurance. I assume that will come later with the official acceptance letters.