UNC Chapel Hill

Apt86

I got in there, not sure if I will go. I went to undergrad there so I'm up in the air. Got an acceptance to UMich earlier this week. Kinda torn though cause I really like it here but Michigan is a bit better school.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be starting in the Fall as well, PhD in Anthropology. Can't wait to start!

UNCAnthro, what track will you be doing? I'm considering this department as well!

Great!

I will be working with Colloredo-Mansfeld (primarily), Escobar, Holland, and West - but I'm not certain which track I'll be doing. My interests match up pretty well with the 'social formation and processes' track, but there's some overlap with 'history, meaning, and materiality' as well.

Come to think of it, there are also significant ecological themes in my proposal - so I'll probably end up in the social formation and processes track but with substantial crossover into the other tracks.

Hope to see you on campus in the Fall.

UNCAnthro, what track will you be doing? I'm considering this department as well!

Edited by UNCAnthro

Great!

I will be working with Colloredo-Mansfeld (primarily)

How strange is this?! My doctor here in Austria has the exact same name (and it's not a very common one at all... they might even be related *g*)

I just got accepted to the M.S. program in computer science! B)

I still have one more school to hear back from, but UNC-CH was my first choice anyway (already turned down by UMass Amherst). UNC-CH is supposed to be one of the best schools for computer graphics, so I am quite excited. I still sometimes wonder if I am really cut out for graduate level work, but I guess I should take my acceptance at UNC as a vote of confidence.

The admission letter said that CS assistantships were a bit limited, so I still need to figure out how to pay for it all. One year of the out-of-state tuition will cost more then my entire Bachelor's degree...

I hope to see some of you there. :)

I am interested in cancer, so I am leaning towards cell biology and possibly pharmacology. I guess the department all depends on which lab I end up joining (so many options!).

Hey me too, which program under BBSP are you going into

I am into biochemistry or bioinformatics, thing, could end up in biophysics department though

I am interested in cancer, so I am leaning towards cell biology and possibly pharmacology. I guess the department all depends on which lab I end up joining (so many options!).

99% sure I'm going to UNC for an Econ PhD...just waiting for the funding decision.

Really looking forward to visiting - everyone tells me that the area is gorgeous smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...