American Art?

MinorGirl

Is anyone currently studying American art or some subfield related to the 19th century? My focus is Native American Art.

I'm studying at UNL where I'm finishing my master's thesis "Stealing Horses and Hostile Conflict: the 1833-34 works of Mato-Tope and Sih-Chida".

I'm interested in hearing everyone's interests!

I don't have a set focus as of yet. I'm either American Art or Contemporary Art/Critical Theory. I intend to study materialism in context with minority artists (African American/Asian American/etc) and how their identity is affected and exemplified in national narratives, consumerism and Art History discourse. I have a feeling I'm going to lean more towards Contemporary/Critical Theory as I found methodological courses during my undergrad simply astounding, but I do plan on studying American artists.

Is anyone currently studying American art or some subfield related to the 19th century? My focus is Native American Art.

I'm studying at UNL where I'm finishing my master's thesis "Stealing Horses and Hostile Conflict: the 1833-34 works of Mato-Tope and Sih-Chida".

I'm interested in hearing everyone's interests!

I'm writing my MA thesis on a Copley painting. Wahooo 17th century!