Is one month too soon to email school?

Savvy

The application deadline for my dream school was on February 1st, and I've been going insane as all of my friends have been getting acceptance/rejection letters. Is one month too soon to email the program to inquire about the status of your application? I've almost clicked on the link to email the coordinator a dozen times today...but I don't want to seem like too much of a weirdo if I do. Should I email or wait a few weeks?

I would wait before contacting them unless you NEED a timeline for the decision (i.e. you're contemplating whether to accept another offer, etc). A month is not a long time for adcomms and sending them e-mails at this point would just be a nuisance to them and probably only serve to slow things down.

Hang in there! My dream school had a Feb 1 deadline, too and I'm going crazy!!

My deadline was January 15th and so far I've contacted the school twice to ask for an update. A bit annoying for them, probably, but it made me feel better. Both times they were very helpful and told me how the assessment process was progressing. It doesn't hurt asking, I think.

I would wait as well, and if you haven't already double-checked the department's website, you should do so. A lot of times they do say when applicants should expect decisions; if it's past, by all means inquire.

Thanks for the input! I think I'll wait another week or two before I contact them. I'm just getting so tired of this anxiety! I long for the days I won't have to check my email every 5 minutes and run down to the mail room 5 times a day!