Biology GRE Score

rdunn981

Im looking to get into a competitive program in the fall of 2012 for stem cell biology, and I was wondering if anyone knew how high of a GRE score it would take to be competitive. I have two majors in biology and broad field natural science, with a minor in chemistry. My overall GPA is 3.7 witha 3.84 in biology. I have no research experiance will hopefully get some this coming year. I would appreciate any help or advice anyone could offer

My understanding is that the GRE is the least important part of the application. Research experience is probably the most important component and is tied with letters of recommendation though, so I would definitely work on that and be sure to just get a respectable score on the bio GRE.

• 1 month later...

If you don't have a lot of research experience you can pretty much assume that you will not get in to a competitive program. Best thing you can do is probably stop worrying so much about the GRE and get in the lab! Good luck!