Does Rutgers offers financial aid to all PhD students?

keketest

Hi, there.

I was admitted, and no emails arrive. Only the website said "congraulations, you've been admitted". I was recommended by a full professor at CS@Rutgers, and I think his words really influence the committee.

Though the website showed the admission 4 days ago, no emails come. So I keep worrying, will they offer financial aid to all PhD students? Anyone got TA or RA?

Thank you guys.

I have to think about it - I also have offers from Purdue and SUNY SB. Thus, it would be quite difficult to decide.

Hello edvolkov,

As far as I know your major is computer security which is also mine. Did you contact professors at Purdue before getting admission? I've had offers from Rutgers and Suny SB too, but still heard nothing from Purdue. Do you know whether Purdue's given out all admission?

Thank you.

I have to think about it - I also have offers from Purdue and SUNY SB. Thus, it would be quite difficult to decide.

Hello edvolkov,

As far as I know your major is computer security which is also mine. Did you contact professors at Purdue before getting admission? I've had offers from Rutgers and Suny SB too, but still heard nothing from Purdue. Do you know whether Purdue's given out all admission?

Thank you.

Hello edvolkov,

Thank you.

No I hadn't contacted professors at Purdue and I don't know if they given out all admissions. If you are international applicant, don't rely on Purdue too much since their funding situation is very bad. If you have less then 27 points on TOEFL speaking then you cannot get TA, and RA is given very rare for the incoming students.

No I hadn't contacted professors at Purdue and I don't know if they given out all admissions. If you are international applicant, don't rely on Purdue too much since their funding situation is very bad. If you have less then 27 points on TOEFL speaking then you cannot get TA, and RA is given very rare for the incoming students.

Thank you very much. Yes, I am an International student but I am self-funded. Do you think Purdue is strongest among three schools you've admission in the field of computer security? which school do you prefer at this time?

Yes, Purdue is the strongest since they have CERIAS. I think their university is second-strongest in this field after CMU. If I find any support in Purdue, I'll definitely accept their offer.

Edited by edvolkov

• 2 weeks later...