Italian 2011 (NYU, Rutgers)

citizenoftheworld

Hi everybody,

The italian studies community is smaller that many but still would be nice to hear something by those who got accepted or refused from any University. I am personally more interested who is still waiting an answer from Rutgers and NYU where I have been waitlisted. Come on let's keep us informed and above all GOOD LUCK to everybody!!!!!

Hi everybody,

I got rejected from UCLA, University of Notre Dame and Stanford, but I'm wait listed at the NYU. I really hope to get in, but last week I emailed the Department and they told me that they can't say anything about the list, so I don't know how many people there are on it and if it is ranked. The only thing they told me is that we have to wait until April 15th because it can happen that someone decides to go elsewhere. Please, if you have more information, let me know. Good luck to everybody!

On 3/14/2011 at 3:07 PM, citizenoftheworld said:

Hi everybody,

The italian studies community is smaller that many but still would be nice to hear something by those who got accepted or refused from any University. I am personally more interested who is still waiting an answer from Rutgers and NYU where I have been waitlisted. Come on let's keep us informed and above all GOOD LUCK to everybody!!!!!

HI EVERYONE and hi Meli

eventually I am not the only one in here. I have emailed too but did not receive any answer to be honest. I could imagine thought we needed to wait until the 15th of April let's see what happen good luck to everyone!!!

I have to admit I am a bit stressed about it!]

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed the department and I have been told that all the students who got offered admission look like they want to accept the offer from NYU, and some of them have already accepted. So for us waitlisters I am afraid there are not many possibilities this year!

:(:(:(

I emailed the department and I have been told that all the students who got offered admission look like they want to accept the offer from NYU, and some of them have already accepted. So for us waitlisters I am afraid there are not many possibilities this year!

:(:(:(

Hi guys!

I just wanted to let you know that I got accepted to Rutger's with a Teaching Fellowship (tuition also is included) but I denied admissions. I also got accepted into Columbia and NYU but rejected to Yale. I will not be accepting Columbia but will defer admissions for NYU. Hope that helps.

Hi guys!

I just wanted to let you know that I got accepted to Rutger's with a Teaching Fellowship (tuition also is included) but I denied admissions. I also got accepted into Columbia and NYU but rejected to Yale. I will not be accepting Columbia but will defer admissions for NYU. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for saying, but I don't know wheter I am on a wait list for rutgers as I have simply not heard anything.

Is it possible to defer admission from a University from one year into another? do you usually have to say it before accepting or after? in this case what happen your slot will be frozen or given to somebody else for this year?

Thank you very much for saying, but I don't know wheter I am on a wait list for rutgers as I have simply not heard anything.

Is it possible to defer admission from a University from one year into another? do you usually have to say it before accepting or after? in this case what happen your slot will be frozen or given to somebody else for this year?

I'm not sure about that. I would hope that someone is offered a slot/position to their Master's program if someone defers (you are allow to defer up to one year). I actually heard from Rutger's pretty early on- I'd say late February. I officially notified them that I would not be accepting on March 10th (I was offered admissions into their PhD program and was offered a great deal! They are the only ones that offered me money actually and I was practically going to go there for free but I was waiting to hear from Columbia and NYU).

NYU notified me in late March that I was accepted and Columbia notified me today that I was accepted into their Masters program. However, I denied Columbia because I prefer NYU's program based between NY and Florence.