VLSI-CMU/UCLA/UMICH

miloni

Hey,

I have got admits from CMU(ECE), Umich(EE), UCLA(EE), GATECH(ECE) for fall 2011 for Ms in VLSI and Intg ckts.

I will be grateful if someone can shed some light on the following points.

1. UCLA is great for analog, umich for digital, cmu for comp architecture, should i narrow my domain in vlsi right away?

2.UCLA being in LA, does it mean better job oppurtunities/summer internships etc in comparison to cmu and umich?

3.How is Gatech in comparison with cmu, umich, ucla in vlsi domain? Should i rank it above them all?

Please give me your inputs. I will be grateful if someone can give me their opinions/experience,

Thanks a lot

Hey,

I have got admits from CMU(ECE), Umich(EE), UCLA(EE), GATECH(ECE) for fall 2011 for Ms in VLSI and Intg ckts.

I will be grateful if someone can shed some light on the following points.

1. UCLA is great for analog, umich for digital, cmu for comp architecture, should i narrow my domain in vlsi right away?

2.UCLA being in LA, does it mean better job oppurtunities/summer internships etc in comparison to cmu and umich?

3.How is Gatech in comparison with cmu, umich, ucla in vlsi domain? Should i rank it above them all?

Please give me your inputs. I will be grateful if someone can give me their opinions/experience,

Thanks a lot

I'm a computer engineering major with focus on VLSI,

between these universities, Gatech is the best. seriously consider attending her if they offer a decent funding package.

CMU has an elite CS department, and their ECE department is good, but not that good.

Michigan is an excellent choice for Computer Architecture, (probably in the same rank as GATech), but it gets very cold during winter. keep that in mind.

UCLA is a very good university and it is in LA! I don't know about analog, but they have a good CAD and Embedded programs, This is my second choice.

what else do you want?

Me, myself, declined michigan and ucla and accepted UIUC's offer. I didn't apply to gatech or cmu.

Thank you for ur reply. but Im looking at vlsi from circuit design point of view. Can i get inputs on that please?

I'm a computer engineering major with focus on VLSI,

between these universities, Gatech is the best. seriously consider attending her if they offer a decent funding package.

CMU has an elite CS department, and their ECE department is good, but not that good.

Michigan is an excellent choice for Computer Architecture, (probably in the same rank as GATech), but it gets very cold during winter. keep that in mind.

UCLA is a very good university and it is in LA! I don't know about analog, but they have a good CAD and Embedded programs, This is my second choice.

what else do you want?

Me, myself, declined michigan and ucla and accepted UIUC's offer. I didn't apply to gatech or cmu.

• 4 years later...