Fall 2012

meems21

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone is applying for Fall 2012? Are you sending in your applications early (this year) or waiting until a few months in advance of the deadlines? I was seriously considering applying for Fall 2011, but don't think I will have enough time to get everything together so now I am considering applying for Fall 2012 instead. Some of my letters of recommendation have already been sent out so I changed my application to 2012, considering that the deadlines (priority and assistantships) have already passed. Has anyone else applied this far in advance? I am taking the GRE in 2 weeks. I am trying to get my applications in as early as possible, but I'm not sure how far out in advance I can/should apply. Thank you for any advice!

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone is applying for Fall 2012? Are you sending in your applications early (this year) or waiting until a few months in advance of the deadlines? I was seriously considering applying for Fall 2011, but don't think I will have enough time to get everything together so now I am considering applying for Fall 2012 instead. Some of my letters of recommendation have already been sent out so I changed my application to 2012, considering that the deadlines (priority and assistantships) have already passed. Has anyone else applied this far in advance? I am taking the GRE in 2 weeks. I am trying to get my applications in as early as possible, but I'm not sure how far out in advance I can/should apply. Thank you for any advice!

There is really no point (in my opinion) applying that far in advance. For one thing, you will presumably have more experience/publications/grades/awards/etc. by the time the actual deadline rolls around, and it seems better to just send everything in at once rather than sending in the bulk of the application extremely early and then sending frequent updates.

I didn't even think you could apply this far in advance. All the applications I did were available only beginning in the fall. And yeah, I also see no benefit to applying this early. It's not like they're going to look at it now anyway.