Columbia SIPA MPA-DP (no $) vs. Fordham IPED (full tuition)

Well, I've narrowed down my choices, which included knocking off some very good choices. I think I have a desire to be in NYC (crossing out American) and in a development-specific program (crossing out Chicago and NYU). It comes down to Columbia SIPA for MPA in Development Practice, with no funding, vs. Fordham MA International Political Economy and Development with full tuition (Peace Corps Fellow).

I really like the hands-on feel of SIPA MPA-Development Practice, and it has great faculty and a small-program feel while still having big-program resources (only 25 students in the program, but part of much larger overall SIPA network). It seems like this would provide small classes and direct relations to professors, while still giving a large alumni network and varying viewpoints across the different degrees/specializations. It is expensive and would require a lot of debt (at least in the first year, and probably still a lot in the second), but I would likely opt for the Income-based repayment and the Public Service Loan Forgiveness programs post-graduation. this program also offers a "professional" degree in an MPA (as opposed to Fordham's MA in IPED, which may be a bit more confusing to some employers)

The other program I'm considering is Fordham IPED. This is a much smaller program, but still has a variety of specilizations (development, economics, finance...) It is a shorter program, only 3 semesters, which I cannot decide if I like or dislike. The program is small but seems relatively well-known, and students say the director really makes an effort to put you in contact with alumni in various sectors in DC and NYC. The Peace Corps Fellow offers full tuition.

I've seen a lot posted about SIPA on this board (especially when compared to SAIS or HKS). Is there a major advantage to SIPA over Fordham? What are people's general opinions of the Fordham IPED program? Any thoughts in general? I hope to work "in the field" on development projects, and I think both would prepare me for this (although I think the MPA-DP at SIPA is more well-designed in this aspect). Thanks in advance...

if you're serious about development and don't want to go into any other career, i'd take the money and never look back.

Well, I've narrowed down my choices, which included knocking off some very good choices. I think I have a desire to be in NYC (crossing out American) and in a development-specific program (crossing out Chicago and NYU). It comes down to Columbia SIPA for MPA in Development Practice, with no funding, vs. Fordham MA International Political Economy and Development with full tuition (Peace Corps Fellow).

I really like the hands-on feel of SIPA MPA-Development Practice, and it has great faculty and a small-program feel while still having big-program resources (only 25 students in the program, but part of much larger overall SIPA network). It seems like this would provide small classes and direct relations to professors, while still giving a large alumni network and varying viewpoints across the different degrees/specializations. It is expensive and would require a lot of debt (at least in the first year, and probably still a lot in the second), but I would likely opt for the Income-based repayment and the Public Service Loan Forgiveness programs post-graduation. this program also offers a "professional" degree in an MPA (as opposed to Fordham's MA in IPED, which may be a bit more confusing to some employers)

The other program I'm considering is Fordham IPED. This is a much smaller program, but still has a variety of specilizations (development, economics, finance...) It is a shorter program, only 3 semesters, which I cannot decide if I like or dislike. The program is small but seems relatively well-known, and students say the director really makes an effort to put you in contact with alumni in various sectors in DC and NYC. The Peace Corps Fellow offers full tuition.

I've seen a lot posted about SIPA on this board (especially when compared to SAIS or HKS). Is there a major advantage to SIPA over Fordham? What are people's general opinions of the Fordham IPED program? Any thoughts in general? I hope to work "in the field" on development projects, and I think both would prepare me for this (although I think the MPA-DP at SIPA is more well-designed in this aspect). Thanks in advance...