Modern Art at UC Berkeley

runaway

I was looking at the faculty in art history at UC Berkeley and noticed that all of the Modern/Contemporary art professors seem to have retired recently. Does anyone know if there was a search to fill this gap in faculty? Is the website just outdated? Or are the budget woes in the UC system to blame for the lack of modern art historians currently on the faculty?

Hi, not a current student at Berkeley I'm afraid but I studied History of Art there during the academic year 2009-10 (undergrad exchange program). It was RIDICULOUSLY good, best experience ever. As far as recent retirements, I know Tim Clark and Anne Wagner left Berkeley and are both teaching at the Courtauld this fall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest mckee002

Hello,

I'm an undergrad finishing in the Berkeley art history department this year. Tim & Anne did leave and the modernist is now a woman, who I have heard is fantastically brilliant, Julia Bryan-Wilson. However, beware that the UC system just keeps hiking up those fees, certainly an issue lower on the worry scale for phd programs.