2012 Applicant--Competitive?

Demographer

Hello,

I am new to the forum and hesitated to put up this information, but perhaps there are people who are now in graduate school for sociology who could advise me on my application. I will graduate undergrad with a double major in International Studies and Spanish (3.91, PBK) from a fairly reputable university. I took my GRE and received a 1280 (q-720, v-560). I will have experience doing undergraduate research at an Ivy league's population research center as well as at Oxford (both in the field of demography--the field in which I would like to specialize). This past semester, I did an undergraduate research project on low fertility and its causal factors which I am hoping to get published in my university's undergraduate research journal. Do you think that I would be a possible candidate for top sociology programs (with a strong focus in population) such as Princeton, UNC-CH or UPenn? Do you have any suggestions as to how I could improve my application? Should I retake my the GRE or are my scores acceptable (no pun intended..)?

Thank you very much in advance. I am grateful that this website exists and hope to hear from past applicants.