How do you deal with spiders and insects?

InquilineKea

I am not only an arachnophobic, but a full-blown entomophobic, and have found that the spiders (and ants, and the other unidentifiable terrors that lurk in the shadows) sometimes don't respond (in other words, die immediately) to Raid, Bengal, and similar products. Despite the Raid Spider & Scorpion spray being capable, presumably, of putting down scorpions, the large spiders with atypical coloring especially seem to be immune.

Hairspray. Probably the types labeled something to the effect of "XXXXTRA HOLD - F5 TORNADOES DON'T STAND A CHANCE" would wor the best, but when I was little and had hairspray around most of the time for my ballet classes and performances, I'd always reach for it first when I found unwanted bugs in my room/bathroom.

Just a thought. I realize, as well, that I've now revealed how genuinely insane I am... This post might have to go once more applicants begin to appear...

Edited by ThePoorHangedFool