Questions About PowerPrep Scores

process chemist

I am taking the GRE on July the 21st, and I have taken both of the PowerPrep exams. My scores are as follows:

PowerPrep 1:

620V/680Q

Comp: 1300

PowerPrep 2:

560V/ 600Q

Comp: 1160

What does this difference of 140 points mean. I felt ready after taking the first PowerPrep, but now I am questioning my preparation. Any advice would be helpful.

It could just mean that you got particularly difficult RC sections this time around, or a few words that you just didn't know. I wouldn't stress over it.

Just took the two PowerPrep, taking them was the last thing I did before my test which is tomorrow.

PowerPrep 1: 620V 800Q

PowerPrep 2: 700V 790Q

It was actually surprising because in the first test, I got three wrong and got an 800 in Quant, whereas on the second test, I got only two wrong and ended up with a 790.

On the first test, the first mistake was after the 10th question, and the two others were near the end, probably why I ended up with 800 there.

On the second test, the first mistake was the 9th question, and the other was in the middle.

Will edit after taking it tomorrow..

Ok, just took it. 650V, 800Q. I guess that 700 was a fluke, but I did zero prep for Verbal aside from quickly skimming Barrons 800 words(which did find pretty useful, actually) so I am satisfied. If I have the motivation to study intensely for Verbal sometime in the future I'm pretty sure I can crack 700...

Hope it helps.