Sending All Scores

Timshel

I have a question about sending all of the scores to the schools I will be applying to this fall. I took the GRE 3 years ago before I got my Masters, and I am retaking it again tomorrow before I apply to PhD programs. When I signed up for the test online, I had to start a new account to register. When I registered, it didn't ask me if I've ever taken the test before. So, I guess my question is, when I send my scores tomorrow, how do they know to send all of my scores from the last 5 years? Do they just send all of the scores that they have listed for someone with my name and my birthday? Will I need to know any info about the previous time I took it? For the life of me, I can't find or remember any information about the last time I took it. I know I took it in 2008, either in January or February, and I know what my scores were, but that's it. I don't have the test number, the actual date, nothing. Is this going to be a problem? I just know that they say that they send all scores from the past 5 years, so I guess I'm just not sure how they will know what previous scores are mine.....

They won't know that both sets of scores are yours, unless you've used the same email address as the first time to create your account.

I had this same problem, and had to call the ETS and ask them to merge my accounts. I recommend doing this before you retake, so that your free reports have both sets of scores.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Was it a problem merging both accounts? I am afraid to call because I don't have any of the information from the first time I took the test. I remember the year, and around the time I took it, but that's it. I don't remember what email I used, I don't have the test number, and I don't remember what date I took it.