Cancelling the GRE score

jlee13

Well, when you cancel your GRE scores it's pretty much like you never took it; meaning, you don't get to see what you would have scored, nor do any of your schools. The schools you're applying to will, however, see that your scores were cancelled. Of course, you will have to retake in order to apply and the good news is that most schools will base their decision on the highest scores received - which, in your case, is good since the cancel essentially places you back at square one. Then again, some schools may want to know why the first round was cancelled (but doubtful).

I'd be surprised if anyone cared. If nothing else, it shows that you knew that something had gone wrong taking it the first time around (and were confident enough that you could do better at the test under better conditions that you were willing to commit to a retake).

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I thought I would note that you can get a canceled score reinstated but of course at a costs. ETS just loves taking your money. I think there is a time frame you have to decide to do this though.