How much experience do I need for an Ed.d program?

teachgirl22

I have 4 years of classroom teaching experience and my masters degree. In general, do I have enough experience to be admitted into an Ed.d program, particularly one at a competitive school? I got a 4.0 in my masters, but have little to no research experience other than that. Help! I want to know if I'm wasting my time on these apps.

I have 4 years of classroom teaching experience and my masters degree. In general, do I have enough experience to be admitted into an Ed.d program, particularly one at a competitive school? I got a 4.0 in my masters, but have little to no research experience other than that. Help! I want to know if I'm wasting my time on these apps.

The Ed.L.D. program (HGSE's equivalent to the Ed.D. elsewhere) does not require much or even any research experience. It's a practitioner's degree. (The Ed.D. is the research degree at HGSE.)

Your work experience falls below that of last year's EdLD range (and the year before, if I remember correctly), however: http://www.gse.harvard.edu/admissions/live/class_profile.html

That might be a deal-breaker for the HGSE program. I don't know about other schools.