Free Colleges/Universities?

CollegeCharlie

I'm looking at doing an MBA next year (or possibly the year after, depending) and I have heard that there are several hundred accredited universities around the world that are fully funded by their governments or private companies that offer english-language MBA programs (and undergrad, grad, etc) completely free. This seems like a good option to me, or at least something to look into - does anyone know if there is a book or website or has anyone researched these?

Thanks,

-Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

I know that a lot of lower-ranked or unranked MBAs offer full tuition remission and an assistantship for those with strong academic backgrounds and work experience. Never heard of any that were simply "free" without any kind of award.

...I Google'd it and I found some examples of colleges that made their courses into online classes for free, but if you actually want the degree you'd have to be a matriculated student (not free unless you get the option I stated above). They mostly seem to be online offerings and you must keep in mind that MBA programs are greatly about networking with other individuals and not so much how hard you study. Having a lot of professional contacts helps you learn about job openings at different companies and helps with recommendations. So online courses are not very valuable even if they are cheap, in my opinion.