Applications to transfer to different MSW programs, what are my chances?

JessieB

Hi all,

I'm currently a first-year MSW at University of Kansas (which is awesome!). My husband is applying to MBA programs to start in the fall (I don't have enough room in this post to explain the background, but it does actually make sense that we're on this weird timeline). We thought we would stay separated so I could finish out my program then join him, but it looks like we'll (our daughter and me) be going with him. I think this is the best choice for our family, but I'm super-stressed about the applications for transferring and my chances of getting into these schools. I really don't have a lot of choice, as these are the places he's applying and so I just need to do it and hope for the best. i'm applying to:

University of Pittsburgh

University of North Carolina (UNC)

University of Michigan

Has anyone else done this? What are your thoughts on my chances of getting in? I'm trying to specialize in gerontology, so I hope that boosts my chances, but I'm still just wicked nervous. I don't want to wait for him to finish his stuff, THEN come back and finish mine--it's just too long of a wait.

Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I'll include my stats in case those make a difference: 2 AmeriCorps terms, 3.49 GPA undergrad, headed towards 4.0 graduate, going to take the GRE soon for UNC (but am not anticipating doing wildly terrific on it, will probably be in 80th percentiles for v and q).

Edited by JessieB