Quick, what gift would you most like for the holidays?

HyacinthMacaw

Hey folks, just thought it would be fun to start a thread about our most-desired gifts this season. Even if you don't celebrate the holidays, let us know what you would most like to have! I know, this runs counter to every altruistic and anti-consumerist bone in my body, and probably in yours, but let's just forget all that temporarily and pretend that there are things we need, want, and deserve.

So I'll start:

Material stuff:

A small pot with a cover so that I can cook those Knorr rice sides (cheap and filling).

A warm hat that covers all parts of my head and neck except my face (I forget what it's called).

Effective squirrel repellent so that those squirrels can stop bullying the birds by my bird feeders and stop stealing birdseed that wasn't meant for them.

Cheesecake, fried shrimp, lasagna, seafood salad, nutmeg ice cream, any sushi with cream cheese and/or tempura in it. Other yummy stuff I can't think of.

Abstract stuff:

Sharing a meal with the kind and sweet student in my program who I am really quite fond of, though she doesn't know that (and I believe she has a boyfriend already). In other words, a date. Gosh, I'm going crazy just thinking about her!

Quality time, laughs, etc. with my family (incl. my feathered friend Jerry).

That's all for now. Happy holidays!

Renewal of my NBA League Pass subscription, a good book... and the knowledge that I'll be accepted somewhere.

BTW -- if you're looking to deter squirrels from your bird feeders, try a baffle and/or a new type of seed. A high-quality, slippery baffle and safflower seed rather than an unobstructed feeder full of sunflower and millet will make a huge difference.